Ensopet Composting Poo Kits and bulk bags of enzymes
EnsoPet is an innovative in-ground composting system, specifically designed for composting pet waste, easily and hygienically. EnsoPet composts all pet waste such as Dog Poo, Cat Poo, Rabbit and Guinea Pig Poo!
EnsoPet also keeps your yard free of pet waste and prevents it ending up in landfill, while returning carbon to the soil and rebuilding the soil on a microbial level. The Composting Kit system comprises of the EnsoPet Composter and EnsoPet starter as pictured.
How EnsoPet Works
Once installed in the garden, collect your pet’s waste and drop in to the composter, using the tongs provided. EnsoPet Starter is then sprinkled on top. The micro-organisms in the EnsoPet Starter ensure a rapid breakdown of the waste. Due to this continuous cycle of composing, the EnsoPet Composter will take many months to fill, if it ever does, ensuring extended use. If your composter fills, you simply move it to another location in your garden.
- Assembling the EnsoPet composter is very easy. The 4 sides simply clip together creating a bottomless cylinder. The lid fits neatly on top of this cylinder.
- Select a spot in your garden away from edible plants and phosphorus sensitive native plants
- Dig a hole 40cm deep and 40cm wide.
- Place the EnsoPet composter into the hole, so that only the lid is sitting above ground.
- Fill in the soil around the outside of the EnsoPet composter.
- Place the tongs near the EnsoPet composter to aid in waste collection.
Your EnsoPet is ready to Use. Some important tips:
- Always use the tongs to pick up your pet’s waste and drop it into the EnsoPet composter.
- Use the EnsoPet Starter sparingly – approximately 20 grams per 100 grams of pet waste.
- Repeat this process as required. For best results add smaller amounts often (it is better to add the waste daily rather than weekly).
- The micro-organisms from the EnsoPet Starter also help remediate any pathogens in your pet waste, whilst simultaneously enriching and rebuilding the soil at a microbial level.
- Composting requires a moist environment. Rain will enter your EnsoPet through the slots at the sides enabling this moist environment.
- Do not let the EnsoPet dry out. During dry patches, water EnsoPet in conjunction with your garden.
If your EnsoPet is filling up too quickly this is likely due to the condition of your soil. Installing a second unit will address this issue.
By composting your pet waste with EnsoPet you will be greatly improving the quality of your soil due to the microbes present in the Starter. If your soil is in poor condition, this improvement may take several weeks. Installing and using a second unit allows more time for your soil to get conditioned.
Adding some carbon-rich organics such as dry leaves, fine bark or spent potting mix to your EnsoPet will assist with improving the soil condition.
As the condition of your soil improves, the breakdown of the pet waste will be quicker. Similarly, if you have a lot of pet waste or more than one pet, installing more units may be required. If you simply want to improve the soil in another part of your garden, add an additional unit.
$73.45 NZD – Buy either directly at the Newflands Dog Park or have it shipped to your home.